Top Ten Writings to Give Thanks For
"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Happy Thanksgiving! In the spirit of the season, I'd like to give thanks to books, my friends old and new. Here are the top ten writings for which I'd like to give thanks for. What are yours?
1. One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, by Dr. Seuss
2. The Naked Ape, by Desmond Morris
3. Self-Reliance, by Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. All the President's Men, Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein
5. Eye of the Needle, by Ken Follett
5. Heartburn, by Nora Ephron
6. A Midsummer's Night Dream, by William Shakespeare
7. Two Happy Lovers Make One Bread, by Pablo Neruda
8. Angels in America, by Tony Kushner
9. Emma, by Jane Austen
10. Anything by Anne Lamott
Labels: Anne Lamott, Bob Wordward, Carl Bernstein, Desmond Morris, Dr. Seuss, Emerson, Jane Austen, Ken Follett, Nora Ephron, Pablo Neruda, plot perfect, Shakespeare, Thanksgiving, Tony Kushner, writing